How to raise $1,500 in just five weeks:
- Start by sponsoring yourself = $25.
- Send out at least 25 letters to friends and family (ask for a minimum donation of $30) = $750.
- Follow up on your fundraising letters.
- Ask three additional family members (minimum donation of $25 each) = $75.
- Ask five friends to sponsor you (minimum donation of $30 each) = $150.
- Ask two co-workers to sponsor you (minimum of $25 each) = $50.
- Check with your company's human resource department to see if they offer matching gifts (which could double the original donation amount).
- Ask three additional co-workers to sponsor you (minimum donation of $25 each) = $75.
- Plan a fundraising party with at least 25 people (e.g. 50% of split cover charge of $20 for a happy hour) = $250.
Ask five neighbors to sponsor you (minimum donation of $15 each) = $75
Ask your boss for a company contribution = $50
Grand Total: $1,500
(see how easy that was!)
Return to top.